We (the owners) of this blog are not compensated to provide opinion on the books, literature, websites, and/or various other topics that we review. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely our own.

© 2014, Jess @ A Cup of Tea & A Big Book · All rights reserved.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Book Review: Saddles and Sin- Jessie Evans



Author:  Jessie Evans
Publisher/Year: Self Taught Ninja Press/2014
Genre:  Romance, Contemporary Romance, New Adult
Format: ePub give for free from publisher in exchange for a free review. 





The Juicy Stuff:
Even sweet cowboys have a sinful side…

Robert Lawson—Bubba to his friends—is six feet, four inches of tall, dark, and handsome cowboy, with a panty-melting voice and a face made to launch a country music career. But when his family’s ranch hands go down with the flu, Robert cancels his high-profile auditions in Austin, and returns home to Lonesome Point to help out. Fortune and fame are all well and good, but family and friends come first. Besides, he’s ready to enjoy some off-the-clock time with his manager, a woman who has him dying to show her what a good man can do to a woman when he’s given permission to be bad.

Marisol Medina has been looking for her golden ticket since she became a country music manager. A scandal with one of her clients nearly destroyed her, but now she's close to launching an artist who will make her career. Robert Lawson has it all—talent, charisma, and a naughty side that flicks all of Marisol’s kinkier switches. But Robert is off limits. She refuses to mix business and pleasure, even if it will be hell resisting temptation while spending a week at the Lawson family ranch, doing her best to convince Robert to ditch the saddle and embrace his future as a star.

But as Marisol and Robert grow closer and the passion between them ignites, Marisol must decide if fear is stronger than love, or if a chance at forever is worth breaking all her rules.

How It Made Me Feel:
Ah HA!  I have found yet another, fabulously written romance novel about a sexy cowboy, who also turns out to be a country singer!  I don't even know if it can get much better than that for me.  I loved Bubba's character from the beginning to the end and I loved that his family was worked into the story so well.  The Lawson family reminded me a bit of my own, so I was more than pleased to have a chance to meet them in the story.  I felt as if I was there with Marisol and Bubba as they worked their disagreements out, or when they were dancing at the bar.  The story line was well though out and the writing was entertaining and easy to read. 

What I Thought Worked:
I loved Bubba's country character and demeanor.  It was spot on to guys I've come across in rural/agricultural Nebraska where I used to live and I was pleased that Jessie Evans was able to recreate such a great character with the written word! He was well rounded with a mind of his own and goals of his to reach.  Very easy to like from the straightaway.

What I Thought Didn't Work:
I wish we had heard a bit more about Marisol's personal baggage a bit sooner in the story.  She was a character that I really enjoyed, but was a bit more curious about the history she had with her family's ranch and her previous client.  

Rating

Why It Got That Rating:
This is definitely a book I enjoyed reading and would love for someone else to have a chance to enjoy it as much as I did.  

Who Would I Recommend To:
I would recommend to anyone who loves a good story about a hot, sexy cowboy who can also melt your heart with his voice.  The conversations between Marisol and Bubba are easy to get into the book.

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! We greatly appreciate your support and taking the time to read our blog! We hope you enjoy it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...