We (the owners) of this blog are not compensated to provide opinion on the books, literature, websites, and/or various other topics that we review. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely our own.

© 2014, Jess @ A Cup of Tea & A Big Book · All rights reserved.

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Virtual Book Tour: Eternal Mixture- Shevaun Delucia







Young Adult Paranormal Romance
Date Published: 11/1/2013


   
If you had the chance to start your life over, would you take it? If you were told you would live for eternity, would you embrace it? If a stranger told you he was your soul mate, would you believe it?

Raina Richmond has played it safe her entire life. She has never broken the rules. That is, until Brent Alexander walked straight into her life, causing havoc. Turning her world upside down.

Brent is the new kid in town. He is every girl’s fantasy: adorable, charming, chiseled, and the typical boy Raina usually steers clear of. But there is just something about him she can’t seem to resist. Safe is no longer an option for her. For him, she breaks all the rules.


What she doesn’t realize is that he holds the key to her past, present, and future. Once he reveals the reasons behind their irrevocable connection, she will unlock the answers to all of her questions, and her life as she knows it will never be the same again.

He puts the picture down and turns to look at me, face stern and serious, eyes full of hunger. I swallow, chest heaving, unable to break his gaze. “Why do you look at me like this?” I whisper, eyes still locked on his.
            “I just feel this amazing, erotic connection to you. I’ve never felt it before. I’ve met a million women throughout my years, and none of them have come close to touching me the way you do.”
            “Brent…” My voice drifts off as he slowly comes closer. His face is only inches from mine and our breathing is now in sync. Just as our lips are about to touch, my bedroom door slams open.
            “Hey, Rain—” Bailey turns towards the hall and then comes back in the room, obviously flabbergasted with what she almost just witnessed. “Whoa!”
            “Shit!” I say, jumping up from my bed and rushing over to close my door.
            So you two, what is going on?” Bailey’s eyes glare between Brent and I, mouth grinning from ear to ear. This is the moment she was hoping for—to catch us in the act. She couldn’t stand the fact that I was keeping Brent from her, and now she’s standing here gleaming with satisfaction.
            “Bailey, this is Brent. Brent, this is my friend Bailey,” I introduce them, taking a seat back on my bed, leaning my head against my headboard.
            Brent already moved to the chair at my desk. “Hey, nice to meet you.”
            “And very nice to meet you, Brent,” Bailey responds, still glowing.
            Brent stands up, seeming uncomfortable, and says goodbye to both of us. As soon as we hear the front door close, Bailey immediately turns and faces me with accusing eyes.
            What?
            “What do you mean, ‘What?’ Raina, you’re my best friend, and you couldn’t even tell me?” Bailey asks angrily as she gets off my bed and paces across my floor.
            “Bailey, there’s nothing to tell!” I screech quietly.
            I grab my nightclothes out of my dresser drawers and rip off my pants and shirt, strewing them on my floor.
            “Bullshit, Raina! Were you not just here a minute ago when I walked in on you two?” Bailey shrieks in a whisper, throwing her hands in the air.
            “Fine. Yes, you walked in on us almost kissing. But that’s it! We are just friends. You probably just saved me from making a huge mistake,” I admit. “By tomorrow, he’ll probably realize it too.”
            Bailey takes a seat next to me on my bed. “Raina, why can’t you see how beautiful you are? And I don’t just mean physically. You’re a beautiful person inside and out. I wish you could just see what the rest of us see. It’s obvious Brent sees it too.”





 lives in upstate New York with her husband, four children, and two dogs. As a stay-at-home mom while her children were young, she fell in love with reading. She indulged in the small moments that took her away from the reality of her loud, overly rambunctious household, bringing her into a world of fantasy. When reading wasn’t enough to satisfy her, she turned to writing, determined to create the perfect ending of her own.

 



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! We greatly appreciate your support and taking the time to read our blog! We hope you enjoy it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...